Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The day at Big Grandma's and more


Today the boys and I spent much of the day at Big Grandma's. Big Grandma is my grandmother and the boys Great-Grandmother. First we went for a nature walk. We saw some cactus, butterflies, bees, a backyard with a train set in it, dog poop, and a lot of sunflowers. Then by the time we got back it was sooooo hot we had to take a dip in the pool.

We had hot dogs and Natural Cheetos for lunch with Big Grandma (got to have the natural Cheetos, because that counteracted the bad in the hot dogs.) We rested a little and then had some more pool time before heading back to the parental units homestead.

My dad and I had the Croc shopping adventure. That's a story unto itself and I won't go into it now.

Then there was the Hunter eyeglass fiasco. Boys will be boys you know, and after a time in the backyard Ethan informed his grandmother that Hunter was not wearing his glasses. After a few hours of hunting in the backyard for the glasses and several "I'm never coming to San Antonio again." comments the glasses were still not found. I came home at 9 and began looking in the mosquito infested backyard with a flashlight and then found them on the floor under the ottoman in the den.

Yippee another excited day!

No comments: